Editors Queensland is a branch of the Institute of Professional Editors, IPEd, and membership is with IPEd, not Editors Qld. When you join IPEd, you are assigned to the branch of your choice - we hope you choose Editors Queensland.
Visit the IPEd website for information about membership and joining IPEd.
One significant benefit for IPEd members is access to a listing in the national IPEd Editors Directory.
IPEd membership offers many other benefits. For example, IPEd members are eligible for discounts on a variety of products and services, year-round, including:
- Books+Publishing /Weekly Book Newsletter - 25% off subscription
- Macquarie Dictionary & Thesaurus - up to 15% off subscription
- PerfectIt - 30% discount off subscription to PerfectIt Cloud, available to PC and Mac users
- Geoff Hart titles including Effective onscreen editing, 3rd edition - up to 25% discount
- Australian manual of scientific style (AMOSS) - $10 off
- Society for Editors and Proofreaders (SfEP, UK-based) online courses and conferences - various discounted rates
- Editors Canada - member rates on webinars, online training courses and conferences
- Editorial Freelancers Association (EFA, US-based) - member rates on webinars, online training courses and conferences
- National Association of Independent Writers and Editors (NAIWE, US-based) - member rates on webinars, online training courses and conferences.
International reciprocal accreditation
IPEd has a reciprocal membership agreement with the Society for Editors and Proofreaders (SfEP) in the UK that allows our Accredited Editors (AEs) and Distinguished Editors (DEs) to apply for SfEP professional membership without the need to fulfil their other criteria, and vice versa.
IPEd also has a reciprocal membership agreement with Editors Canada and the US-based Editorial Freelancers Association (EFA) allowing members of IPEd to register for Editors Canada and EFA conferences, webinars and online training at the same price as Editors Canada or EFA members, and vice versa.