I have worked as a publisher for over 30 years and as a copyeditor for 9 years. I have advanced skills as a desktop publisher having worked in that capacity since 1988 as a designer/writer of educational music books.
I have highly developed skills with Microsoft Word and the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Acrobat, Illustrator, Photoshop), and advanced computing experience using Apple Macs. I also have a sound knowledge of Adobe Dreamweaver and have authored several websites.
Diploma of Professional Writing (Professional Editing & Proofreading) from the Australian College of Journalism, 2004.
Diploma of Electrical Engineering (Communications), QIT (now QUT) 1970.
I am also a professional musician.
Freelance services offered
- Layout/Desktop publishing
Freelance product types
- Annual and business reports
- Marketing and promotional material
- Online and multi-media materials
- Reference and guidebooks
- Short stories
- Technical reports
- Theses and academic reports
Freelance specialist areas
- Educational books: Primary
- Educational books: Secondary
- Educational books: Tertiary and above
- Family and local history
- Technical material