With Kylie Fennell
Whether you're just starting out or an established editor, create an online presence for your business and at the end of the day walk away with a published website.
No technical or website experience is needed. You will be guided through building a free wordpress.com website/blog, or you can choose to set up a custom domain for a low cost per month.
When? Saturday, 15 February 2020, 9.00 am - 5.00 pm
Where? Motel on Gregory, 89-95 Gregory Tce, Spring Hill, Brisbane
How much? $240 members, $330 non-members.
You will need to bring your own laptop, plus basic information about yourself, your background and the services that you provide, to be used on your website. It will also be beneficial to have a digital image of yourself, such as a headshot, that can be used as a profile image.
This is a full-day workshop, with lunch and morning and afternoon tea provided.
About the presenter
Kylie Fennell is a writer, content creator, and certified practising marketer and publisher of the business news and resource site injust5.com. For more than 20 years Kylie has worked as a newspaper journalist and editor, corporate writer, and marketing and communication manager, both in Australia and internationally.
You will be able to:
- design an effective editor website that can be converted to a custom domain and/or a self-hosted Wordpress website if needed in the future
- choose and customise a template to suit your brand
- create pages for your website
- upload and insert images on your website
- start blogging via your website
- include social media links
- offer a subscribe option
- integrate with an e-news mailing list
- populate content for a Home/About Me page(s)
- source royalty-free stock images
- publish your site so it's live.
Registrations close: Friday 7 February.
Register and pay by Monday 27 January.