EdsQ member meeting, 3 October 2018
Secret Editors' Business. It's not just a Facebook page.
Rather than listen to a speaker at the upcoming EdsQ members meeting, we will engage with each other. Specifically:
- you find out who's who and what they're doing
- you get the opportunity to blow off steam with someone who knows exactly what you're going through
- you become known and trusted by your colleagues. (After all, who are they going to think of if a job comes up? Someone they know and trust!)
As you know, there are three types of expertise involved in editing, but countless variations on the concept of 'editor'. At this October meeting, you'll find out who does what, because you and other EdsQ members will each be given three minutes to briefly answer these questions:
- What area of editing do you specialise in?
- How did you find your job?
- How long have you had it?
- What was your earlier background?
- What would you advise anyone wanting to enter this field?
Then, time permitting, we could hear a couple of your favourite editing 'quotable quotes'.
Date: Wednesday 3 October 2018
Time: 6.30pm (nibbles and drinks from 6pm)
Venue: The Gabba Ward Office, 2/63 Annerley Road, Cnr Annerley Rd & Crown St, Woolloongabba
Member of affiliates: QWC members at EdsQ member rates - bring your membership receipt.
Watch this space for booking details!