Wednesday 1 August from 6.30 pm
IPEd CEO Karen Lee meets the members
IPEd CEO Karen Lee, Corporate Services Officer Tay Winchester, Council Chair Kerry Davies and Accreditation Board Chair Desolie Page form a panel to answer your questions about IPEd's operations and policies, let you know about recent and imminent activities and give you a few ideas to ponder.
- The IPEd NZ branch soon to be established (and other international potential)
- The IPEd ambassador program - how we plan to promote IPEd members to the publishing industry, government, universities and writers
- The Standing Committee on Professional Development - making PD more accessible to members in regional areas
And some questions the panel might put to you:
- Should accreditation only be for members?
- What's a reasonable membership fee?
- Are our workshops too cheap?
Come and have your say at the EdsQ AGM!
Karen Lee will be visiting each of the state branches of IPEd, and this will be her Queensland appearance. Don't miss this opportunity!
When? From 6.30 pm on Wednesday 1 August 2018
Where? Function Room 1, Motel on Gregory, 89-95 Gregory Terrace, Spring Hill, Brisbane
Agenda of the Editors Queensland Annual General Meeting
1. Opening of the Annual General Meeting.
2. Elect members of the Management Committee.
3. Consider any other relevant business.
As members, you should have received per email the AGM papers, including details of the Management Committee roles, nomination and proxy voting forms. You can also access these papers via the link below.
Nominations and proxies must be received prior to the AGM. Please send forms to email@example.com.
Please register for the AGM by COB Monday 30 July. You can book now on the IPEd Member Portal.
After the formal part of the evening, there will be a panel discussion with our IPEd Chair Kerry Davies, CEO Karen Lee and Accreditation Board Chair Desolie Page. This is an opportunity to hear about IPEd's progress in the past year.
Nibbles and drinks will be available.
If you are interested in a role on the committee, EdsQ president Christine Atkinson will be happy to answer any questions.