Work like a business, play like a freelancer
Attention freelance editors: come to the next Editors Queensland branch member meeting and learn some strategies to help you make the most of your freelance existence. Ex-manager and now successful freelancer Rhys Knight will share his wisdom on topics such as:
• managing and monetising relationships without sounding like a salesperson
• knowing which opportunities to pursue and which to let go
• building a loyal and helpful following on social media
• identifying opportunities and risks in the digital economy
• communicating your value to clients, and not overselling
• putting yourself out there for the world to judge.
Date: Wednesday 6 July 2016
Time: 6.00 pm for 6.30 pm
Venue: The Gabba Ward Office, 2/63 Annerley Road (Cnr Annerley Rd & Crown St), Woolloongabba (entry via rear door in the parking area).
A cover charge of $10 (members)/$15 (non-members) applies - but please note: this amount can only be paid via a link that will appear very soon. Watch this space! We apologise for any inconvenience.
RSVP: No later than Monday 4 July.
Note change of RSVP procedure: please fill in this RSVP form.