Sarah JH Fletcher will be leading a one day workshop on the fundamentals of ebooks at Ruth Fairfax House, 89 Gregory Terrace, Spring Hill. Full details are in our training section (see link below).
- Ebooks 101 for editors - Presented by Sarah JH Fletcher at Ruth Fairfax House, 89 Gregory Terrace, Spring Hill (9am-4pm), the course will cover
• What is an ebook?
• What is the role of the editor in ebook publishing?
• How are ebooks created?
• How do you assess the quality of an ebook?
• How are errors in ebooks corrected?
• How can editors best work with technical staff and outside suppliers?
• What are some of the big-picture issues affecting ebook publishing?
• What's next?
After the course, you will be given access to an ebook and some hands-on correction exercises to try, using free software.